Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Newest McCollum

Well...no, I'm not pregnant. But we do have a new McCollum in the family! His name is Buster and he is the cutest 5 week old Doberman pinscher ever! We picked him up on Monday night and have not gotten a full night's sleep since! But that comes with the territory when you take on a baby of canine, feline, or Homo sapien species. He is adjusting pretty well though, considering he is young and had never been away from his momma or 9 brothers and sisters before.

Maybe this really is like training for a real baby cuz I am getting not so grossed out by poop and pee everywhere or mushed up, stinky puppy food! Ryan and I have also been taking turns getting up in the night to take him outside; so far I've found it hard to go back to sleep after you've been up for 20 minutes messing with a puppy at 2:30 AM! From other "real" moms I've heard you get exhausted enough you can go right back to sleep; great, sounds like it's going to get even better! I'll keep ya'll posted on how things go with Buster and new pics as he grows up to the full 70-90 pounds that his mom and dad are!






2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a cutie! Congrats on your addition to the family. And enjoy the fact that he'll only be that needy for a couple months and not 18 years. :)

kellie said...

What a CUTE puppy! I am a little miffed that you waited until the exact day we left Stillwater to pick him up :) Maybe you can slip him into your checked bag in Sept.