Monday, July 6, 2009

10 days and counting

Well, I am ashamed that I've been a no-blogger for quite some time. But you've got to give me a little slack; I feel like I've been around the world in the last few months. Colorado, New Mexico, Port Aransas, Dallas twice (two weekends in a row!) and who knows where else, and all in the car. Flying is sooo much better for those long trips, unless it's somewhere you haven't been before.

Well, the movers will be here in 10 days: July 16th. This has been quite the experience, since I've done a whole lot of moving, but always with the help of a lot of elbow grease, packing tape, and my Mom. This time it will be totally different; although I am so up for nixing the first two on the list. So pretty much I have been going through everything and trying to organize it, finding out what they will and won't take (no explosives, what?), and wondering how it really is going to go down when they back that huge semi into my very tight driveway.

It has been good that I've had something to do in the evenings though, since Ryan has been gone for 4 weeks to San Antonio. He will be back on Wednesday afternoon and the movers get there the next morning. So I've got a nice little list of things for him to take care of in half a day(like dodging the brown recluses in our falling-down shed and draining the mower's gas and oil- how do you do that without making a big ol' mess??)

I am still working (kind-of) until the 17th, my official last day. However, to use up all of my annual leave, I am only working half days this week and 1.5 days next week.

We will keep our cell phones when we move to CO, unless the service is really bad, so our numbers should stay the same. Our new address will be:

1212 Mount View Lane
Colorado Springs, CO 80907


When I get a chance I will post some pics from some of our recent adventures!

No comments: