Well, we finally have internet access, so i can give some updates and post some pictures from our adventures here in Colorado Springs. The weather has been wonderful (only had to run the air conditioner one time) and the backdrop of the mountains and Pike's Peak to the west is very nice to look at.
Colorado Springs is a large city (for us) at 400,000 people. That has taken some getting used to. Thankfully I don't have to deal with the traffic on the interstate like Ryan does getting to and from work. We live 10 miles from Fort Carson and it usually takes him about 20-30 minutes to get home.
Each of the last two weekends we have loaded up Buster and headed for the mountains, which only takes 30 minutes to get to. We have been searching out trout streams to fish that aren't packed with people, but haven't had much luck yet. We found one good one, but everyone and their dog (literally) was out there. I guess you have to get there early. But we have had fun driving up through the mountains and checking things out.
My schedule is kindof ironing out now that we've gotten the house in order: yardwork in the morning and then housework, cooking, ironing, etc. in the afternoon. I am enjoying not having to go go go, but the long days alone were pretty tough at first. I will look for a part-time job eventually, but right now this yard project has to be tackled while I have a little growing season left. I will write some separate posts about the yard project.
We have finally settled on a church. It is pretty large, but I think we will find more people our age there and can get involved through small groups, etc. I am excited about meeting some people.
After a week or so of intermittent crying, I am okay with things now and am at peace with the way things are going. There will still be adjustments, but I think the hardest part is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment