Well, after multiple weeks of working my tail off in this yard, it is finally (almost) done. A week ago Saturday I convinced my sweet husband to help me till it because I knew this weeny girl was not even trying to wrangle a 550 pound tiller on a slope. So thank you Ryan for getting the hardest part done for me.




Then I spent all week raking out the grass, dirt clods, etc and getting it as smooth as possible.
Finally yesterday I rented a lawn roller (pretty much a round plastic barrel with a handle) to pack it. I made quite a site to all the students who walk by our house as I was grunting and groaning trying to push this 300 pound roller across very soft soil on a hill! But after getting that done I finally was able to seed it and roll it again (this time with no water in the roller, thank goodness). So here is the final result. We got a nice shower in the afternoon, so hopefully my grass is off to a good start!
I went back and looked at the starting pictures of the yard and was pretty amazed at the transformation already.

I can't wait until the grass looks good and I finish the work on the front bed. Also below are pictures of the new barberries I planted in the bed on the street (among the almost dead hollies I will remove soon...yay!!!, and the new shrubs (4 burning bush euonymus and 1 viburnum) in the bed in front of the house.
I only hope I can keep the deer out of my new fescue because I have already seen tracks across the yard!
2 comments:
Well you use lingo that I don't quite understand but I'm sure it's going to look awesome when you get it done. Glad you've had something so "up your alley" to play with these first few weeks there!
Can't wait to see it in person!
Post a Comment