Sunday, November 7, 2010

4 Months In

Well, we're 4 months into this parenting thing...and I have to say it is much better than before. Everyone was right in saying that the first 8 weeks is the hardest. Although there are still new challenges each week, there are also more rewards...like smiles, laughs, and seeing Lacey do new things she couldn't the week before.

I would like to report that I do now go to Walmart by myself :) and am no longer so intimated about doing other things with Lacey in tow as well. However, Ryan and I don't venture out much after 5 pm as cranky time (i.e. better get the bath done and get her to bed time) keeps getting earlier and earlier. But that's okay, wasn't like we were big night owls anyway. It does curtail any going out to dinner late or going to life group sometimes. But as my Mom keeps reminding me, this too shall pass. And plus, can you really expect to have a baby and go about your life like before? I think not.

The tough part now is the fact that we are getting to the stage where alot of people think that babies know what they're doing and learn to "work you"(i.e. cry just to get you to pick them up, come get them in the middle of the night, etc). Discriminating between when she needs something or just wants something is sometimes hard. Other times I'm pretty sure she's just whining. So now the hard part is to come: discipline and training rather than just fulfilling needs. But I guess that is where true parenting comes in; thank the Good Lord we have Him to help us!

2 comments:

Jessica H said...

Can't wait to meet her in about a month!

Miss G said...

Hi Kelsey, I hope this is not "stalkerish". I met you at church about a month ago. I'm David and Karen's daughter and I was just reading my friend Jessica's blog and was looking at her blogroll and saw Kelsey in Colorado. So since we are new to Colorado I thought, "oh, I'll check out her blog" and then realized it's *your* blog and I've met you! And then I looked at your blogroll and I know Anyssa and Carson! I did not know they'd had a baby. Fun! Fun that we both know Jessica too! She is so great and is such a great cook too. ;) Kelly