Sometimes we get so exasperated with him, we think we'll never make it with kids! We cannot leave any paper product within reach or it is eaten and/or torn into a thousand pieces. Sometimes he just decides he doesn't want to do what we say and runs the other way. He always has to have something to chew on (if we don't give him something, he WILL find something, like socks, underwear, caps, shoes, trash, etc.) And when he does get into something he's not supposed to or decides to swallow huge pieces of rawhide, we get to clean up his throw-up in the middle of the night. :( The technical term is "dietary indiscretion". 

But I can't just complain about him, because he has become my favorite little buddy this year, especially when Ryan is gone or at the school all the time. I go home every day at lunch and we go for a walk or hike. Plus, I've started running with him and he is a great running partner! He has infinite energy, I've decided. Three miles is nothing to him. 

Plus, no matter what, he is always happy to see me and ALWAYS wants to play or go on some adventure. I started taking him out to Lake McMurtry and running on the trails through the woods. He loves it and it is more fun than road running for me! 

So as you can probably tell, Buster is VERY spoiled and is pretty much like our kid. I can see how parents can get so totally wrapped up in every minute detail and activity of their kids, because I've done it with a dog! So sorry if this bores some of you or you're rolling your eyes about now (you know who you are, Jess), but just thought I would share what has taken up a huge amount of my time, energy, and emotion the last 6 months. Who knew getting a dog would have this much of an effect on a person??


But isn't he so handsome?!?!
2 comments:
He looks great, Kels! Makes me want to get a dog :) (shhh ... don't tell Jordan; he hasn't warmed up to that idea yet)
Now come on - I made it almost 90% through without even thinking of an eyeroll. :)
For what it's worth your sentiments are the same I hear from all pet owners so there really must be something to it.
Post a Comment