Thursday, February 26, 2009

Crazy Days! :(

Man, it feels like we've been burning the candle at both ends twice as much as usual since Christmas! You know when you only get to see your spouse (awake) about an hour a day (if that), it makes you wonder how people live like this all the time. Ryan has been at the school all night and day and I've been working 12 and 13 hour days at least twice a week with some kind of activity every night of the week. How do people do it? I couldn't handle this all the time.

I am counting the days until I can stay at home and cook and bake to my hearts desire (something besides tacos and spaghetti), actually get laundry done before it becomes a mountain and I spend all weekend doing it, keep my house from getting filthy (again before spending all weekend doing it), and actually having time (and energy) to sit down and read a book at night before my head hits the pillow.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm having a pity party, because I'm really not. I just have made some observations about life in America today. Sometimes I wish we were back in the 50s when there was no such thing as texting and cell phones, people still sat out on their front porches and visited with neighbors in the evenings, families actually ate together, and kids were out in the street playing instead of inside on the Wii.

With all the crazy stuff going on in America today, it makes me appreciate the simple things in life and plain relaxation. Our preacher's lesson last Sunday was on Colossians and the verses that talk about keeping your heart on mind on things above. It's hard but I'm trying!

1 comment:

kellie said...

Oh boy, do I hear you, Kels! We're in the same place right now and I feel like we're two single people co-existing, barely surviving.

And, thanks for the comment on my blog. Hopefully someday we'll have a yard, and with a yard I have some leverage to get a dog :) I miss you, too!!